Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Twitter... Day 3

I've come to the conclusion that after this whole experimental period (1 week), I'll probably continue using twitter. Not sure as to how much or how often I'd continue to use this online social network death trap, but hey, these things are free. So why not? A lotta my friends are on this joint. I gotta say tho, I'm tired of the Twitter lag. It's pretty freakin' slow. As I said in the Day 2 post, the Blackberry software doesn't impress me, and now I'm finding more issues online. First off, the Blackberry software that I have doesn't let you upload pictures instantly from my Blackberry. Instead, I have to email it to a special address linked to my user profile. This is through a separate site linked to Twitter (www.twitpic.com). Not only that, but when I'm actually on a computer, uploading a picture is kinda slow, and after I changed my picture, it didn't instantly change. So it takes a while for the server to actually post your new one. That, and I couldn't tell if my picture was uploaded or not, I just sat there and hoped it saved my new one - luckily it did after I checked back later. On top of changing my picture, I changed my profile name which automatically changes your url (your url is twitter.com/yourprofilename). Now when I browse through peoples pages and they have me under who they're "following," it still has my old url.

If it wasn't for the lag and other update issues, Twitter would be a little more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment