Friday, March 27, 2009

Competition Time... kinda... (on-the-go)

So I'm laying on a futon at my uncles house, hoping the kids don't wake up to the sound of me jamming my thumbs on my Blackberry. I can't sleep cause I generally sleep late anyways, and I gotta drum tomorrow for a competition, so I generally lose sleep over this kind of stuff.
Anyways, I'm not really competing, what's happening is, we have one student competing who's the daughter of a highly respected mentor-ish figure of our group.

For those of u who aren't familiar with Tahitian competitions, what's gona happen is she's gona go on stage and dance next to other girls her age in front of 3 judges (and the audience) in an elimination round. If she makes it past that round, she advances to the next round where she gets to perform a solo using her own drummers (us - me, her father, and our teacher).

That's where I come in. If she makes it, I'll be alongside our teacher and her father, drumming for her solo. It's our responsibility as musicians to not fuck up the routine and drum her routine well so she can put on the best performance possible. I have no doubt in my ability or our abilities as a unit, I jus find this sort of stuff exciting considering our group does not compete much. And since she's the only girl from our group competing in this particular competition, we only have one chance to knock em dead.

Drummings gotta be on point. We got one shot for one routine for one dancer.

With that being said, I gotta rest my hands. I need em tomorrow. Haha. Not that this makes a difference. But I should go to sleep.

**via Blackberry**

- Raw
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment