Wednesday, April 15, 2009

USPDF



I heard about this, and now I can say I've finally seen it.

The USPDF stands for, "United States Pole Dancing Federation" and every year they hold a competition, female only - Thank God. The application process is open to any female over the age of 18. However, only 12 applicants are chosen to compete based on (amongst other things as well) their skills, coordination, and creativity. Female applicants are to turn in a 2-3 minute video displaying their pole dancing skills.

After watching this highlight reel, I'm a little disappointed. Nudity, thongs, or g-strings lead to automatic disqualification. But they're supposed to display strength, flexibility, and sex appeal all at the same time. Honestly, these competitors look like gymnasts. Either that, or body builders. C'mon... Where's Candy? Destiny? I don't mean to sound like the male chauvinist, but no tits and ass? I'm talkin' bout before the nudity. These girls are doing gymnast poses. The closest thing to sexy was that stupid upside down body roll which would've looked ok on anyone else, but she looks like Siren from the American Gladiators.

Miss Sexy 2009 - No tits no ass.
Miss Trixter 2009 - I'd rather call her Miss Toothpick
Miss USPDF 2009 - Ok... Jenyne Butterfly. Not bad I guess. I hope she wasn't the one doing the upside down body roll. That would go against everything I just said.

Really though. I feel like they're tryna take pole dancing away from strippers. It's their livelyhood. They do it for a living. They make money. How many of these USPDF competitors dance on a pole for money? They're turning pole dancing into something else. They need a little less gymnast and a lot more sex appeal. I think they can do it and still keep their rules of a non-nude competition, but until they change somethin up, the gymnast is gona rule that competition, ending any kind of sex appeal that pole dancing brings. Weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment