Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Play Ball

So I know I've been away for a while, but here's a little glimpse of what I've been up to.

Last week, my schedule was tied up almost every day with helping out the USF Hui O Hawaii club for their big lu'au which took place last Saturday. All that was fun and exhausting, not to mention that I'm also training for a competition at the end of May, so my time is pretty stacked. Somehow in the meantime I've been able to make it to 3 Giants game and every game I've been to so far they've won - I'm 3 for 3 and lovin' it. I went to Opening Day, Filpino Heritage Night, and the afternoon game that took place the day after Filipino Heritage Night (we were still playin' the San Diego Padres). None of these are from Opening Day, but peep game.

Oh AT&T Park, how I love thee.









That was Filipino Heritage Night with Manny in special attendance and throwing the first pitch (if you didn't notice). Here was the afternoon game I went to the immediate day after. Nice weather. Bleacher seats (where the hardcore fans sit, in my opinion - which by the way, I am not claiming to be one of them. I'm just your regular sports fan). A lot of yelling, screaming, and baseball chants... including a whole bunch of weird white people dancing (see below). A boooooring ass game - it went into extra innings. Finally, we were able to pull thru bottom of the 10th. Final score, Giants 1 - Padres 0.





Dear, Mr. Fred Lewis

I want to like you right now, but your performance has been below par. So please. Step it up.


So...

Bleacher seats are hardcore. Upper reserve are nose bleeds but you can see everything. Lower reserve or box/club level are the best. But you get what you pay for... hopefully. Manny can throw a baseball (if you didn't notice, that was him throwing the first pitch). Giants games are fun. I haven't had better garlic fries than the ones at the AT&T park.

I'm not your hardcore fan or sports fanatic, but I love sports nonetheless.

- Raw

No comments:

Post a Comment