Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mason Aguirre

Not too long ago, the Dew Tour made its way over to Northstar at Tahoe. I believe I went there the week before and the week following. I would've went to the Dew Tour, but I'm not much for being a spectator if I'm gona' drive a few hours away to stand around and wait in the snow - I'd rather hit the slopes. Although I did hear from someone who did go that weekend, she said that the runs were empty 'cause everyone was tryna' check out the competition. So who knows. Maybe I should've gone. But would I have hit the slopes? Or got sucked into the audience?

Anyways, when I was making my decision on my new setup, I came across the Burton Custom. I was riding my sister's fiance's old Custom and enjoyed it, so I was looking into the current model and ended up gettin' the 09. Along my path to enlightenment, this guy popped up: Mason Aguirre. He rides a Custom. He's also Raw as hell became pro when he was 15. Not sure as to when Burton picked him up, but I know he's born in 87, which makes him 22 in 09. He took Superpipe finals at the Dew Tour at Northstar. Only, he's riding the 2010 Custom model cause all the important dudes get the gear a year in advance. Here's some highlight footage with him at the end:

No comments:

Post a Comment