Monday, May 11, 2009

Mr. Chris Raw Daddy's




So I guess their original name works better than mine, but here is folks. For all you shrimp & crawdad lovers, here's a good post for ya'll. I haven't done food posts in a while, but the main reason why is because I've been in training for a competition in Las Vegas towards the end of May, so I've been on a health tip in regards to my diet. Somehow this place slipped in, but I'm trying to fight the urge to go back. I don't think ya'll want me to continually post the different sandwhiches I order from Subway now do you? So here you go. Last Friday some of the fellas and I hit up the South Bay to escape the general haps in the city (SF). We hit up this seafood spot that one of our friends put us on, pounded some shrimp and then headed towards downtown to catch happy hour and watch Game 3 of the Lakers vs. Rockets series. If shrimp or crawdads are yer thing, hit this up. It's crackin'. May get pricy for some if you continually buy pounds, but it's worth it in my opinion. Except for you lazy eaters - you have to peel your own shrimp. Let the fob in you come out for once. The shit gets messy. Don't take her on a first date here. Not a good look. And the spice can get a lil' hot, so if you can't stand the heat, choose the lowest level of spice.

What happens is first you look at the menu of course.


They sell crawdads and shrimp by the pound.
Crab too, but it goes by the market price of course.
Order up, they'll give you a plate with lime + salt and pepper.
The extra dipping thingey is for the juice that comes in the shrimp bag.
Fill it up and dip the skrrrimp in it. Crackin'.


The four of us ordered 5lbs.
Word to the wise, only order 1-2lbs at a time.
When you order 3-4+ lbs the shrimp over cooks in the bag.
Unless your the fastest shrimp peeler in the world.


They don't sell rice, although I've seen an old asian lady crew bring their own in.
My friends like to add fries on the side, it compliments the seafood well.
Or, if you feel daring like I did, add some catfish + fries.


Destruction.


Empty plastic bags for the fallen soldiers.


It gets messy.
Lose the ego.
Use the bib.


And the napkins usually add up. Keep em' close.


Obviously I couldn't shoot much of the action cause my hands were occupied. It gets messy so be prepared. Juice gets everywhere. No homo. But the food is crackin'. I hope ya'll know how to peel shrimp. Otherwise your first experience will be a slow and messy one. Take my advice and only order 1-2lbs. at a time and add on as you go. The bag is pretty warm, so if it sits too long the shrimp over cooks in the bag. The shrimp gets powdery and doesn't taste as good. Other than that, the shrimp is great. I haven't tried the crawdads, but I heard they were cool. With crawdads tho, you don't get as much bang for your buck cause the meat content is very little.

So we end up hittin' downtown SJ and can't decide which lil' joint to catch happy hour at so we end up hittin' Gordon Biersch. We started pounding away at different kinds of alcoholic drinks, from Patron Margaritas to Arnold Palmers (with alcohol of course). We watch the game, and before we head out we decide to pound a beer. The waitress said the, "Maibock" (pronounced like the Mercedes Maybach) is one of their most popular beers. I'm not much a fan of the darker side of beers, but this one was pretty good. I believe she also said that it has the highest content of alcohol out of all their beers. I think it was that fact combined with the name, "Maibock" (Maybach) that sold us. Wouldn't you drink it too?


"10 black Maybach's back to back in the lane."
- Uncle Ricky

Stay thirsty my friends.

- Raw

p.s. Don't forget who put you on. Pay respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment